Gautam Adani, an Indian billionaire, has overtaken Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates to become the world’s fourth-richest person, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, with a net worth of $113 billion.
• This year has seen the Indian entrepreneur gain $36 billion to his wealth, more than anybody else, while Bill Gates’s fortune has fallen due to the IT stock sell-off and Gates’ philanthropic efforts.
• The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation wants to increase its pace of giving by contributing $20 billion this month, according to Bill Gates, who made the announcement last week.
“By increasing our donations, we can perhaps lessen the suffering that so many people face and help realize the foundation’s mission of providing every individual with the opportunity for a healthy and productive life,” added Gates.
• Adani has now surpassed Microsoft founder Bill Gates, who announced last week that he will donate $20 billion from his fortune to his non-profit, to become the fourth-richest person in the world, according to Forbes.
• As a result of the gift, Bill Gates has dropped from fourth to fifth place among the world’s wealthiest people.
• Since early 2021, the boss of Indian company Adani Group has seen his fortune more than quadruple.
• A multi-billionaire infrastructure mogul, Adani, holds shares in enterprises that carry his name and operate in several industries, including electricity, renewable energy, gas, ports, and others.
• He has pledged up to $70 billion in renewable energy projects in order to become the world’s greatest generator of green electricity.
• The amount of money that Adani donates to charity has also gone up.
• On the occasion of his 60th birthday this past June, he made a promise to give out 60,000 crore (about $7.7 billion) to a number of charitable organizations.
• The Adani Foundation will handle the contribution and use it to improve health care, education, and skill development in India.
Adani surpassed his fellow Ambani to become Asia’s wealthiest man in February of this year, thanks to a surge in his personal fortune that gave him the world’s greatest wealth gainer in 2017.
• In April, he joined the exclusive club of billionaires that includes Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos.
• Adani is the first Indian tycoon to reach the top of the wealth rankings.
• It is estimated that Mukesh Ambani, who was previously ranked as the wealthiest Indian by Forbes, is now valued at $90.6 billion and is presently ranked ninth in the world’s wealth rankings.
• Warren Buffett, who has been at the top of the rich list since the early 1990s, is presently rated seventh with a net worth of $99.3 billion.
• The chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett, has handed out $35.7 billion and $4 billion in the last month alone in charity gifts. When he dies, he plans to leave 99 percent of his fortune to charity.